Welcome to the Strawberry Plains Campus
Pellissippi State’s Strawberry Plains Campus opened in 2012. We share our more than 220,000 square feet of space with the Career Magnet Academy and TCAT-Knoxville, among other administrative offices.
The Jenny and Randy Boyd Building houses state-of-the-art nursing and cyber security labs plus the Mega Lab, a mega-sized space devoted to engineering, welding and computer information technology.
Degrees & Certificates at Strawberry Plains
You can earn some degrees and certificates without ever leaving the Strawberry Plains Campus. These degree pathways may include a combination of on-campus and online classes.
Courses on Campus
Due to COVID-19, more courses may have to be completed online to finish the programs.
Pellissippi State offers high-quality, short-term training in the form of Loading.... Certificates are designed for working students who wish to upgrade their skills or gain additional certification in a particular area.
- A+/Network+ Certification Preparation Certificate
- Accessible Web Design Certificate (online courses)
Loading... let you earn your degree from Pellissippi State and then pursue your career.
- Computer Information Technology, Cyber Defense Concentration, A.A.S.
- Nursing, A.A.S.
- Welding Technology, A.A.S.
Loading... let you earn a degree from Pellissippi State that is designed to transfer to a four-year or other institution.
General Transfer Degrees
The general transfer degree at Pellissippi State is for students who wish to earn an associate degree, but want to keep their options open when they transfer to a university. Completing one of these degrees fulfills general education requirements for a four-year degree. However, this flexibility means that each student is responsible for ensuring that individual courses will be accepted by the university he or she plans to attend.
- General A.A.
- General A.S.
Tennessee Transfer Pathway Programs
Students who complete all the courses listed in a Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP) program will earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with a concentration in a certain area of study. TTP courses count toward the university major of that area of study. These programs are designed to seamlessly transfer to four-year colleges/universities although some colleges or universities may have additional requirements.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- English A.A.
- Family & Consumer Sciences A.S.
- Finance A.S.
- Foreign Language A.A.
- History A.A./A.S.
- International Affairs A.A.
- Philosophy A.A./A.S.
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Pharmacy, Vet Med
- Pre-Physical Therapy A.S.
- Secondary Education English A.S.T.
- Secondary Education Social Studies A.S.T.
The following Tennessee Transfer Pathway programs require four or fewer online classes and/or classes at the Hardin Valley campus:
- Accounting A.S. (One online class, MATH 2050)
- Anthropology A.A./ A.S. (one online class ANTH 1230 and two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, ANTH 1130, ANTH 1430)
- Biology A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, CHEM 2010 and CHEM 2020)
- Business Administration A.S. (One online class, MATH 2050)
- Communication Studies A.A./A.S. (three classes at the Hardin Valley campus, COMM 2055, COMM 2085, COMM 2090)
- Computer Science A.S. (four classes at the Hardin Valley campus CISP1010, CISP1020, CISP2410, MATH 2010)
- Early Childhood Education Pre-K-3 A.S.T. (four online classes, ECED 1310, ECED 2320, ECED 2340, ECED 2360)
- Economics A.A./A.S. (One online class, MATH 2050)
- Elementary Education K-5 A.S.T. (one online class POLS 1030)
- Engineering Technology A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, ENST 1310, PHYS 2010)
- Exercise Science A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, PHED1005, PHED2335)
- Geosciences A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, GEOL1050, GEOL1300)
- Imaging Sciences A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, PHYS 2010, PHYS 2020)
- Information Systems (One online class, MATH 2050)
- International Affairs A.A.
- Management (One online class, MATH 2050)
- Marketing (One online class, MATH 2050)
- Mass Communication A.A./A.S. (One online course, COMM 1010, COMM 1020)
- Mathematics A.S. (four classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, CISP 1010, MATH 2010, MATH 2110, MATH 2120)
- Nutrition and Food Science A.S. (one online class, MATH 2050)
- Physical Education A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, PHED 1005, PHED elective)
- Political Science A.A./A.S.(three online classes POLS 1010, POLS 1030 and a POLS elective)
- Pre-Clinical Laboratory Sciences (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, CHEM 2010, CHEM 2020)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy (one class at the Hardin Valley campus, PHYS 2010)
- Psychology A.A./A.S. (one online class, a PSYC elective)
- Secondary Education Mathematics A.S.T. (three classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, MATH 2010, MATH 2110, MATH 2120)
- Social Work A.A./A.S. (three online classes, POLS 1030, SWRK 2010, SWRK elective)
- Sociology A.A./A.S. (one online class, SOCI 2010)
- Special Education A.S. (one online class, POLS 1030)
- Sport and Leisure Management A.S. (One online class, MATH 2050 and one class at the Hardin Valley campus, PHED 1005)